6.13.2008

Mercury- Messenger to the Gods

Dear Diary,
I am aware of the fact that when Mercury goes retrograde, it becomes harder to get from point A to point B. And since I gave up my car, I am left wide open to Mercury's interpretation. I accept this, but why why why must my Blender and my Food Processor break in the same week? I'm talking smoking motor and all! The timing could not have been worse... hey, I need a new knife sharpener to boot!

Let's make a list of what we have to work with:

~ A few great {yet dull} Knives and a cutting board. Yippie!
~ A beautiful Suribachi made with my own crafty hands. OohLaLa.
~ Wooden Spoons that double as Surikogi. (99 cents for 3 on sale last week. Sweet Deal.)
~ A thrift shop Juicer. So what if it sprays pulp all over the joint like confetti?!?!?! I love a celebration.
~ Two pyramidical shredders- in regular and smurf-sized for when I'm feeling petite...

& last but never the least-

~ Gumption. (The All-Star Player.)

So I will not be making schmancy dishes very soon, or if I do, which I just may, it will mostlikely take longer.
So what.
I'll just shred the beets and radishes by hand, instead of processing them using electricity.
(Note: Bright side creeping in.)
I will also not-so-secretly replace the morning Smoothies with morning Chunkies.

Let's see if anyone notices.

2 comments:

yardsnacker said...

aww sorry bout your kwipmint! lol hope you get blending soon! ps thanks for the kale reminder, I'm drinking a kale smoothie right now!

HiHoRosie said...

I'm sorry to laugh at your expense but of course when you wrote: "A thrift shop Juicer. So what if it sprays pulp all over the joint like confetti?!?!?! I love a celebration" I literally imagine this in my head and I giggled.

And no Chunkies! Ugh! I hope everything is as right as rain soon.