8.05.2008

immune to giving up

as i sliced open these two oranges and breathed in their luscious aromatic healing-misty oils, i was instantly transported into an instant flash of clarity following a longer-than-comfortable bog of blah. i knew i was going to be better. ahhh.
you see, i have been ill since august the first, and since that was the very first day of the raw-fu challenge, i was less than enthused. i had a crap weekend as far as my strict [self-imposed, mind you,] dietary regime is concerned, but am again back on the raw track.
even if i am still feeling under the weather.
even if i started a new gig at work.
even if i am ovulating from my right ovary and i crave chocolate ice-cream.
even if i had a mini-meltdown this afternoon.
or did i have a breakthrough?
so as i ate these scrumptious sliced oranges and photographed their juicy love, i thought this blog entry out. felt it out. then wrote it down as a reminder.
that even when the turd hits the fan, that that same fan can be turned towards the garden. of our souls. and-
i remembered. i remembered that when i primarily dove headlong into raw, my detox was brutal. [not that it was so very long ago. like 6 months...] i did not even have the flu then. i had already given up sugar, and wheat, and processed "foods" for health reasons. i was soon sparkling in a clear-minded glow. but i slipped up. alot. as a result, i fogged up a bit. hey, as i've said before, i'm still human. even if i think otherwise.
i got back on that camel* and rode again. with the flu by my side, jabbing me and taunting me to make unwise food decisions. "beat it flu! i've got orange power on my side." munch munch slurp.
funny how illness effects us so very deeply. we get ill when we have a low resistance to whatever thoughts, germs, situations, etc., in our world are not positive. yet one thing i always try to take away from being ill, no matter how i resist this fact, is that it is a time to retreat and relax. a time reflect upon the past healing, while also looking forward to the next phase of being. in health.
and i can almost feel my white blood cells rising to the occasion and blessing me with a thanks. a thanks for remembering.


* as a little girlie, i, like many little girls, wanted a large four-legged animal to ride. but unlike many girlies raised in the western world, my critter of request was a camel. "but we can keep her under the porch, and i'll feed and clean her every day!" i'd beg.
never, not even once, did i get that camel for my birthday, real or stuffed toy... but my instinctual love for camels has not withered a bit.

4 comments:

Marta Spendowska said...

Violet!
I don't know how to email U but I wilL say something very "little" ;-)--I fell in love with your picture;-).
Don't know nothing about U, will take a closer look at the blog and maybe meet U somewhere sometime;-)
Thank U for posting on mine;-)
mucho love, raw-sister!

jessica said...

loved your revelation.
the orange looks delicious.
i wish for you a camel.

yardsnacker said...

lol awesome! Camels, how funny!

HiHoRosie said...

I can just smell that delectable orange. Ahhh! You know, something tells me you're not like many of the other girls and that's why we love you! :) Maybe one day you'll have your camel but for now, keep eating those tasty oranges.