7.30.2008

Ease Into Transformation... Naturally!

the following is a post i threw together on a whim for my raw-fu peeps, but i thought i'd re-post it here, since someone reading this may also connect with the information...

let me preface this with the fact that i am not a doctor, nor do i play one on t.v.
what i DO do, is study and use wholistic and natural therapies, and have for 20 years... both in formal accredited classrooms and on my own.
i wanted to share some information @ a natural remedy that works for me regarding the ease of physical acceptance- especially during this poignant time of transformation that many of those who are [trying to and are successfully] loosing extra poundage are experiencing.
we all see these gorgeous before and after photos, and ooh and ahh at the severe and subtle changes that inspire and affect us. we share in conversations about plans, and hopes and fears, about raw vibrant living, but sometimes, we are faulted, and get down on ourselves, perhaps asking "why haven't i lost 956 lbs in 3 months... like so-and-so did! waaaaahh boohoo." or even this: "damned fat spare tire, i hate you!"
enough of that! STOP!
at this point, you need to re-group, center yourself, and just be.
but it's hard. maybe you're detoxing, feeling hormonal. perhaps the dog crapped on the rug, the rent is due, you have sunburn, etc. either way, life happens all around us. no stopping it, right? it's all okay. it's not you. you're just human. but in order to not beat yourself up too much and be super-cranky about your body in backlash to whatever... maybe you can take some CRAB APPLE Bach Flower Remedy!
bach flower remedies are homeopathic* tinctures made from plants which you take sub-lingually, for mental/emotional influxes. traditional homeopathy covers the physical, mental and/or emotional, but bach flower remedies are mostly taken for effecting our inner world. they are gentle and compassionate healers.
so you all know, i am not a retailer, a secret bach flower-pusher, nor do i have any affiliation to this company at all. what i do is: i have experienced hugely beneficial shifts in my mental and emotional states from taking these liquid drops.
maybe you've heard of "rescue remedy" for trauma, and stress? it's quite popular.
i could go on and on about the other remedies, but will not. that's another thread.

since i myself have been crabby and feeling rotten about my extra cushion, i have taken this lately, it helped me immensely. i look in the mirror and no meltdowns. not even a tiny one. i accept what i see, and am cool with my body, imperfections and all.
[ i'm taking the tincture once a day for three, then skipping two, then one three...etc.]

* homeopathy should not- as a rule of thumb- be taken within 15 mins of eating/drinking, be used in conjunction with mint, strong aromas, or coffee. it can anecdote the effects.

hope this helps.

xo,
violet

2 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Very interesting! I love it when people do the homework for me. :)

I'm a pretty even-keel person so it's my "plan" to not beat myself up if I miss the mark sometimes or don't look ideal. I have to remember I'm not perfect and I'm not an airbrushed supermodel.

All the best to you on the challenge.

yardsnacker said...

Wow what great info! I'm off to google that company!