7.16.2008

Raw-Fu... for Me and You!

It's on! I am on board for Raw-Fu, the 100 day raw food challenge {a'la Bunny Berry's Raw-Fu website... check out her blog to the right, in my links arena.}
It is just the kick in the pants I need.

I tried to see if cukes gave me that glorious feeling that watermelon did the other day, and it was a bust. Bummer. Strawberries too. Tasty but not energizing or brain-euphoria-inducing. Maybe it's my inner sugar-demon crying out for the sweetness. Maybe not. At least I didn't feel less well than before snacking on either the berries or cukes. Come to think of it, leafy greens make me blissful and ecstatic. So maybe it's not the sugar. More trial and yummers until i find that bliss. Then my tastes and mineral needs will change, and it'll be kiwi and wakame all the time. And so on, and so on, etc.
Our bodies tell us such secrets and we must be patient and quiet enough to listen. Following a raw food lifestyle is such a challenge in and of itself, that this 100 days RAW-FU is going to be some wacky mad professor type of experiment. With benefits for living. I'm gonna need much support when it comes socializing/parties. That's my personal pitfall. I'm naturally a social butterfly, and as such a creature, I find it easy to fly around and sample tasty treats like it's no biggie. The Catholic or Jewish or Vegan or Whatever Guilt immediately descends upon me as soon as I drive home. Enough of that.
Last night, like some prisoner in Alkitraz or Folsom Prison, I had this "last meal" type of dinner- from this [used to taste] wonderful Chinese place my pals and I ordered from. I still feel kinda nasty. I was up ALL NIGHT with stomach pain and nausea. My body can tolerate cooked quinoa and steamed veggies and such, but other more complicated or heavy cooked foods, NO WAY! And I think that's great. I woke with a bloat, but after glass after glass after glass of water, and makin' moves... I realized I craved GREEN FOOD. Magical green smoothie brunch infused with gogi sure woke me up! And improved my day.
Whenever i am off that raw wagon, i seem to always crawl back towards RAW via green smoothies. Stephen Poplawski, in 1922, invented the blender.

Bless you Stephen Poplawski.

4 comments:

Jenni Morrison said...

Hi! I'm Jenni! Great post! I'm loving the green smoothies too, and still just easing my toe into the raw food pool. I'm looking forward to the 100 day bunny berry challenge, but I'm a little scared!

"Our bodies tell us such secrets and we must be patient and quiet enough to listen." I like that very much.

HiHoRosie said...

You know I'm trying to be really careful in the lead up to the challenge like it's my last meal too. I'm wishing you all the best on the challenge! And yay for Stephen P. :)

Hey, check out my blog. I just nominated you for an award. You deserve it!

yardsnacker said...

Congratulations! I'm there cheering you on!

Vegannosaurus Rex said...

Too bad you're not in this area. The Raw Fu meetup is going to be a fun little shindig. Bunny made her way down to these parts (Atlanta) a few weeks ago for a GITMR meetup (http://www.giveittomeraw.com/photo/album/show?id=1407416%3AAlbum%3A330151), she's quite a character.

Chadd